I've been having lots of trouble with my control room ever since I moved into the new building last fall. I'm getting lots of noise from the street, and I finally decided to do something about it yesterday. First of all, here's a picture of how the control room was before (sorry, these are just iPhone pics):
I had put some foam up into the window, but it wasn't really doing much. While I was cleaning out the third floor of the building, I came across a huge pile of old trim. It was covered in dust and dirt, but I could see some potential use there.
A few hours later, I had beautiful pile of (soon to be) re-purposed trim:
Putting the trim aside for a second, the windows needed to be sealed much better than they were. I found two old mattresses that actually fit perfectly into the windows.
There you have it. Didn't cost me a penny. Plus, I hated to see that old trim going to waste just sitting in a pile. It was kind of a miracle that it didn't even have to be cut, it was perfect as is. Thanks for reading.
listen/buy my new album here.