Dear 18 Year Old Mr. Larson,
I might as well remind you of something you already know deep down. You don't want to be famous. Yes, you may think you do, but you don't. Here are a few reasons why:
1. You like your privacy WAY too much.
2. More than likely, you'd have a manager, publicist, and a whole team of people telling you what to do and when. You really don't like having other people dictate your schedule.
3. You haven't listened to the radio in.... Well, you've never listened to the radio. Why do you want to be on it?
4. You hate small meaningless conversations on the street.
5. You dislike getting your picture taken.
Let's face it, it doesn't really work to have it both ways. You want your music to reach everyone, but you'd prefer that they don't know who you are?! You will realize later on that one of your favorite things in life is working with people that are more famous than you. It gives you a chance to step out into the spotlight for a moment, wave hello, and then step into the background where you are comfortable.
Your nearly 30 year old self.