Sorry about the sparse blogging this week. Darren and Stacy and I had an AMAZING week! It's safe to say that we probably have 99% of the album complete- though I believe we are going to try to write a few more tunes just so we have options. Did I mention we have a name for the project? I think I did.
We learned a lot this week. When you are this close to finishing an album, everything is slightly elevated. Our breakthroughs seemed bigger than usual, and our frustrations seemed more insurmountable than usual. One thing all three of us learned about ourselves, was that we all care way more about this album than we even knew. We also found that all three of us depended on each other more than we knew.
We spend Halloween working at Nick Sibley's studio here in Springfield. What a place!! I was a little worried that we would have a hard time keeping focus with all of the exotic instruments laying around, but I think we did ok. We replaced all of our fake MIDI timpani with real timpani, wrote a new song, and added some harpsichord and vibraphone to a few songs. I will upload some pictures to this post in the next day or so. Thanks for reading!